Remove bandage in 1 to 2 hours. Wash hands with soap and warm water for 30 seconds, then with clean hands. Gently wash tattoo with soap and water rinse, pat dry with a clean towel and air-dry a few minutes.
After cleaning, gently apply extremely thin layer of OINTMENT more is not better. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day as needed for the next 2 days.
It is suggested you switch to using LOTION.
Suggested lotions: Lubriderm, Curel, or a non-scented lotion. Lotion keeps your tattoo from drying out. Always apply sparingly. Too much prevents the skin/tattoo from breathing.
The new tattoo should be exposed to the air as much as possible. The more exposure, the faster it will heal.
Sun Screen is recommended for the optimal life of the tattoo.
If you have any questions, call us!
Do Not Do This
- DO NOT re-bandage the tattoo
- DO NOT apply Vaseline, lanolin or petroleum based products
- DO NOT apply alcohol or peroxide
- DO NOT rub, scratch or pick at the tattoo
- DO NOT expose to direct sunlight
- DO NOT soak in tubs. Swim in pools, lakes, ponds, rivers, oceans, use sauna, steam bath or tanning beds for two weeks or until healed.
- DO NOT share ointments or lotions with ANYONE. (Cross contamination risk.)